1. What is your role?
Owner, Managing Director
2. Who do you work for?
Esk Mapping & GIS
3. How long have you been in the industry?
4. What’s the most exciting part of your role?
Meeting and working with great folks across the whole supply chain, from the bush to the executive.
5. What are you most passionate about in the industry?
The diversity of activities. Both recreational (MTB, bushwalking, camping, fishing etc) to the variety of roles available within reserve management and production forestry – a career for anyone.
6. What is your vision for The forest and Forest Products industry in Tasmania?
Become truly valued by the community as a trusted custodian of our unique environment – including achieve acceptance as a vital, sustainable, renewable resource.
7. What do you think the Industry does really well?
Forest Practices framework.
8. Where do you think there is room for improvement?
Telling the good news stories to the community. Adoption of technologies to allow each business to get on with the activities they do best, rather than wasting time on duplicated admin, reporting, compliance, planning etc.
9. On a weekend, we’d find you where?
Kids’ sport, mountain-biking, trail running, camping, at the beach or in the garden
10. What is something that would surprise people about you?
I really enjoy playing bass guitar to my favourite bands Tool, Muse, Grinspoon, Radiohead, Stone Temple Pilots – anything 90’s!