The Premier’s Economic and Social Recovery Advisory Council (PESRAC) set up to assist Tasmanians during and following the COVID-19 pandemic handed down its interim report last week. It contains 64 recommendations for short to medium term action.
Recommendations relevant to the forest industry include:
• Speeding up planning decisions , permits and approvals to boost the construction industry
• Using local suppliers for government contract work and requiring agencies to buy local
• Improving certainty by explaining clearly to the community how future COVID-19 outbreaks will be managed
• Identifying , engaging and supporting those individuals and sectors who have been most affected by the outbreak and measures to contain it
• Phase 1 is about immediate impacts and action
• Phase 2 will be longer term recovery . This phase will involve broad industry consultation
The Network will keep you updated on progress regarding the state’s response to the impacts of COVID-19 and its recovery
The full report can be found HERE.