The Grant Agreement between the Commonwealth Department of Agriculture and Water Resources and TFFPN signed 4th April 2019 established the Regional Forestry Hub Pilot in North-northwest Tasmania under the National Forestry Industry Plan.
The objective of the 3 year Agreement is to :
Support the capacity of the forest industry in north and northwest Tasmania to meet long term
increases in demand for timber, by consulting extensively with stakeholders across the forest value
chain to identify and progress industry and regional priorities to meet that demand
The North-Northwest Tasmania Regional Forestry Hub will work with the forest industry , regional stakeholders, federal, state and local government, other key stakeholders and the community to achieve the following outcomes:
- A stakeholder driven process, underpinned by an appropriate governance process, including a Steering Committee that will comprise members from across the whole forestry industry and be representative of the supply chain, forest resource sector and other key regional stakeholders.
- Consultation with industry, including a stakeholder Forum, to obtain agreement on the work priorities of the region as part for the Regional Hub Plan.
- Identified pathways for achieving the projects objectives through the development of a detailed implementation plan for each priority including next steps and budget.
Please see summary table of activity:
|Establish governance araangements to oversee progress with priority setting, consultation, implementation, financial mangement, reporting and engagement||TFFPN Board has established a N-NW HUB Steering Committee.
Members represent the whole of the supply chain and include:• Penny Wells (PFT) (private forestry sector) Chair
• Shawn Britton (Britton Bros.)(hardwood sawmiller) Deputy Chair
• Darren Davis (Forico)(major plantation forest owner/manager)
• Owen Hoffmann (Reliance) (major plantation forest owner/manager)
• Steve Whiteley (STT and TFFPN Chair)(native forest owner/manager)
• Phil Lloyd (Timberlink) (softwood sawmiller)
• Andrew Wilson (Commonwealth Government – Observer)
• Alistair Morton (State Government – Observer)The TFFPN has put in place appropriate financial controls, and reporting lines
|Est. June 2019|
|As a matter of priority conduct a Forum of key stakeholders to identify industry and regional priorities, including constraints to growth||A very well attended and successful Stakeholder Forum was held on 29th May , attended by 55 stakeholders including:
• Representative from across the supply chain
|Reports from the Consultation Forum||Reports from the consultation Forum can be found HERE||June 2019|
|Appointment of Project Manager||The Steering Committee has approved the appointment of a Project Manager to support the work of the Hub.
Recruitment is currently underway, with the position vacant and position description available HERE.