Thank you to our confirmed Awards Sponsors
Launceston-based Forico is an associated company of New Forests and is a vertically integrated forest management company which operates along the entire wood fibre value chain from seed to forest to end-user.
We manage Tasmania’s largest private land holding of 173,000ha which contains 93,000ha of hardwood and softwood commercial tree plantations.
The balance of 80,000ha is predominantly natural forest which is managed for conservation and ecological services.
Our forest management systems have achieved independent third-party certification for environmental sustainability under both FSC FM and AFS PEFC standards.
Forico has an advanced tree breeding program which produces genetically superior seedlings grown at our Somerset Nursery which has an annual capacity of 18 million seedlings.
We have an intensive internal research and development program and we collaborate with other forestry companies on a range of projects to lead innovative approaches to business improvement.
Two woodchip mills at Surrey Hills and Long Reach produce high quality plantation woodchips for export to Asia and we are Tasmania’s largest plantation woodchip and log exporter.
Our direct staff number 94 plus up to 450 contractor personnel engaged in silviculture, harvest and haulage.
PF Olsen Australia provides independent, unbiased services to a wide range of clients involved in the management of rural land throughout Australia. Our team of experienced and committed professionals work across the supply chain in forestry and agriculture. Our services include:
• Managing softwood and hardwood plantations.
• Managing agricultural operations.
• Harvesting and marketing of forest and agricultural products from these operations for domestic processing and export.
• Protecting assets from fire and other damage agents.
• Managing for conservation objectives within client owned properties, on areas which are excluded from production and managed primarily for ecosystem services.
• Providing specialist consultancy services to assist in the management of risk (including health and safety, environmental and commercial risk) in the forestry and agriculture industries.
PF Olsen Australia is a wholly owned subsidiary of the PF Olsen Group, which is the largest independent forest management services provider across New Zealand and Australia. We manage approximately 250,000 hectares of land and handle approximately 3.5 million tonnes of wood every year.
Because we do not own land, forests or processing plants and engage third party specialist contracting businesses to prepare sites, harvest and haul crops, our advice is truly independent.
Sustainable Timber Tasmania is a Tasmanian Government Business Enterprise responsible for:
- sustainably managing approximately 812,000 hectares of public production forest (Permanent Timber Production Zone land); and
- undertaking forest operations for the production and sale of forest products from these forests.
Sustainability is at the heart of everything that Sustainable Timber Tasmania does. It’s the long-term future for our business. It includes:
- Sustainably managing the forest estate;
- Sustainably supplying timber; and
- Sustainably growing our business.
To be successful in each of these areas, Sustainable Timber Tasmania focuses on:
- Delivering effectively – building a sustainable, effective and consistent business that is valued by our customers and shareholders;
- Developing capability – investing in our business and our people, and promoting an educated, skilled and safe contractor workforce with capabilities for the future;
- Leading and innovating – embracing new ideas and realising opportunities, and fostering an innovative culture that supports ongoing development of the Tasmanian forest industry;
- Growing value – investing in strategies and initiatives that grow and realise the full value of the forest estate and the services we provide; and
- Listening and engaging – building trust and confidence with our stakeholders and the community through genuine communication, engagement and being a good neighbour.
Timberlands Pacific Pty Ltd (TPPL) is a forest management company, currently managing over 100,000 hectares across two forest estates in Tasmania and the Green Triangle region of South Australia and Victoria. Our forest management covers the full range of productive and non-productive forestry activities. Activities include plantation establishment, silviculture, harvesting and wood sales as well as conservation management and community engagement.
Our management activities strive to contribute to environmental, social, economic and regional development and we are certified under the Australian Forestry Standard Responsible Wood AS4708-2013 and the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) FSC-C115692, ensuring the highest standard environmental, health safety and forest health outcomes.